Study # 020-TE
What is the purpose of the study?
To find ways to measure how drug use and stress are affected by people’s neighborhood surroundings.
Who can participate in the study?
This study is accepting men and women who:
- Are 18 to 75 years of age
- Are currently enrolled in a methadone or buprenorphine treatment program
What will participants be asked to do?
You will be asked to attend study visits 3 days per week for 8 weeks.
For research purposes, participants will:
- Use electronic diaries that are provided as part of the study
- Complete various tests that measure reactions to stress
- Carry GPS (global positioning system) units
- Provide urine samples at each visit
- Complete questionnaires about stress and drug use
Where is the study taking place?
The Archway Clinic, a part of the NIDA Intramural Research Program is located on the Johns Hopkins Bayview campus in East Baltimore.
Will there be any cost to participate?
There is no cost for participation.
Will I receive payment of some kind?
Participants are paid for some research activities.
How can I find out if I’m eligible to participate?
Call 1-866-START NOW (1-866-782-7866) for a confidential screening.