Study # 140
What is the purpose of the study?
To see if we can use visual imagery and behavioral techniques to reduce alcohol craving and drinking in people who drink.
Who can participate in the study?
This study is accepting men and women who:
- Are 21 to 65 years of age
- Are in generally good health
- Have drunk alcoholic beverages every week in the last 3 months
- Like the sight and smell of alcohol
What will participants be asked to do?
Participation includes 6 study visits over 4 weeks lasting up to 4 hours each with the exception of the last study visit which lasts approximately 7.5 hours.
For research purposes, participants will:
- Complete questionnaires about your mood and behavior, including alcohol craving and drinking
- Answer questions on a custom-designed app using a study-issued smartphone
- Receive a physical exam
- Provide blood, urine samples
Where is the study taking place?
The NIDA Intramural Research Program is located on the Johns Hopkins Bayview campus in east Baltimore.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost for participation.
Will I receive payment of some kind?
Participants are paid for their time and travel.
How can I find out if I’m eligible to participate?
Call 1-866-START NOW (1-866-782-7866) for a confidential screening.